Children and Youth Friendly Church & Synod Scheme
The Children and Youth Friendly Church and Synod Scheme can help your church improve the welcome it gives to children, young people and families.
Churches that join the scheme work with a trained accompanier who helps them to identify what they’re currently doing to welcome young people and develop ways to improve it.
The accompanier will see if your church:
- has a comprehensive and shared vision for children’s and youth work
- provides good opportunities for the voices of children and young people to be heard
- takes seriously and responds to feedback from children and young people
- provides opportunities for children and young people to be involved in planning, organising and delivering child friendly church services
- makes suitable provision for under 5s in church
- provides groups and organisations to help nurture children and young people
- takes safeguarding, health & safety and first aid seriously
Churches receive a certificate and plaque upon successful completion of the scheme.
Join the scheme