There are a number of people you can contact to support and advise about learning and discipleship. There are people who are based in the local churches, synods or as part of the wider United Reformed Church. At Church House email SecretaryEandL@urc.org.uk or Ministries@urc.org.uk and for the Resource Centres for Learning
Roles and responsibilities
Having overall responsibility for the management of all congregational training, lay ministry training and continuing ministerial education, they:
- plan and conduct learning events, including special topic events and Synod Schools
- support individuals to make learning decisions based on need arising from the context of their place of ministry
- arrange whatever funding for learning is agreed at Synod and by Assembly Committees
- support specific lay and ordained ministries including Elders and Interim Moderators
- support the arrangement of any supervision for specific ministries
- support training for congregations
- work with other synod staff for synod development
This Synod covers Liverpool, Merseyside, Wirral, Cheshire, Staffordshire, Crewe, and the Isle of Man
Sandra Wellington, Training Officer:
This Synod covers Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire, Leicestershire, Northants, Milton Keynes and parts of Cambridgeshire and Staffordshire.
Mark Graham, Training & Development Officer
This Synod covers Birmingham, Gloucestershire, Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Coventry, Warwickshire, Staffordshire, the Black Country and Shropshire.
The Revd Stuart Scott, Education & Learning Officer (Ministries)
This Synod covers Cambridge, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk and Suffolk.
Mission and Training Officer: position vacant
This Synod covers Bristol, Cornwall, Devon, Somerset and Wiltshire.
Email the Synod Clerk
This Synod covers Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Essex, Greater London and Hertfordshire.
The Revd John Campbell, Training Officer (acting)
This Synod covers Kent, south London and parts of East Sussex, West Sussex and Surrey.
The Revd Andy Twilley, Development Officer for Education & Learning