Pastoral Care Organisations

Share this article

The URC have identified below some sources of support. These services are not endorsed by nor have they been tested by the URC.

Support groups for survivors

Support for survivors and victims of sexual abuse

The Survivors trust

tel: 01788 550554
tel: 0808 801 0818 (Welsh office)
The Survivors Trust is a national umbrella organisation, for over 135 specialist rape, sexual violence and childhood sexual abuse support organisations throughout the UK and Ireland. Our members provide specialist counselling, advocacy and crisis support for victims and survivors of rape, sexual abuse and any form of sexual violence.

tel: 0203 598 3898 (London based) (National support search)
SurvivorsUK helps men who have been sexually abused and raises awareness of their needs. NOTE: Sexual violation includes both childhood sexual abuse and adult sexual assault/rape.

The Lantern Project
tel: 0151 630 6956
Supporting victims of child abuse. Based in the Wirral, The Lantern Project offers support at the project or via the telephone.

Survivors Manchester
tel: 0161 236 2182
Manchester based charity supporting male victims of rape and sexual abuse.

Rape Crisis
National Charity and umbrella body for a network of independent rape crisis organisations.

tel: 0808 802 9999
Rape and Sexual Assault Support Centre, based in South London.

The Meadows
tel: 0191 301 8554
Supporting Sexual Assault Referral Centre based in County Durham and Darlington.

tel: 0800 980 1958
Supporting non abusing parents of sexually abused children. Offers interpretation service for 170 languages.

Support for survivors and victims of abuse


tel: 0808 801 0331
National association for people who have been abused in childhood.

Survivors Scotland
Scottish government website providing a directory of support for survivors of childhood abuse.

Stepping Stones
tel: 01978 352717
Offers counselling and support to adult survivors of child abuse.

Leaving Abuse
Organisation supporting people experience abuse of any kind

tel: 0808 801 0331 (free)
The National Association for People Abused in Childhood (NAPAC) have a support line which is staffed by trained volunteers, who can help you come to terms with what happened and finding ways of repairing the harm.

Victim Support
tel: 0808 168 9111
Independent charity supporting victims of crime.

Living without Abuse
tel: 0300 356 0112
Help and support for anyone suffering from or perpetrating abuse (covers physical, sexual, emotional, financial, domestic)

National Stalking Helpline
tel: 0808 802 0300

Support for survivors and victims of Religious/spiritual abuse or abuse perpetrated by ministers or clergy 


tel: 0808 801 0340 (limited hours)
Supporting Minister and Clergy Sexual Abuse Survivors nationwide.

Christian Survivors
Online Support forum for survivors of spiritual abuse.

Support for survivors, victims and those experiencing domestic abuse

Women’s Aid

tel: 0808 2000 247 (24 hours)
National charity to end domestic abuse against children and women.

Domestic Violence Intervention Project (DVIP)
tel: (various on website)
London based organisation providing services helping to stop domestic violence and reduce
Harm including working with perpetrators

Broken Rainbow UK
tel: 0300 999 5428
LGBT support for victims of domestic abuse.

Support and advice regarding mental health


tel: 0300 123 3393 or text 86463
Providing support, information and advice regarding mental health.

Mental Health Foundation
tel: 0207 803 1100 (London)
0141 572 0125 (Glasgow) 0131 243 3800 (Edinburgh) 02921 679 400 (Cardiff)
Support, knowledge and advice regarding mental health throughout the UK.

Drugs and alcohol advice and support


tel: 0300 123 6600
Confidential drugs advice

Scottish Drug Services
Online directory of services available in Scotland

tel: 0808 808 2234
Drugs and Alcohol support in Wales

Support for Children or if you are concerned about children


tel: 0800 1111
Support for children throughout the UK, for a range of problems and concerns.

tel: 0808 800 5000
Providing support and advice for keeping children safe from harm and abuse.

Young Minds
tel: 0808 802 5544
UK’s leading charity committed to improving emotional wellbeing and mental health in children and young people.

Support for perpetrators of abuse

Respect Helpline

tel: 0808 802 4040
The Respect Helpline offering information and advice to people who are abusive towards their partners.

Lucy Faithfull Foundation
tel: 0808 1000 900
The only UK-wide child protection charity dedicated solely to reducing the risk of children being sexually abused. Working with families that have been affected by sexual abuse and includes adult male and female sexual abusers, young people with inappropriate sexual behaviours, victims of abuse and other family members.


The National Bullying Helpline
tel: 0845 22 55 787
Provides information, support and guidance for people experiencing bullying at home, in the work place or in the community.

tel: 0808 1000 143
Supporting targets of homophobic and transphobic bullying.

tel: 08000 50 20 20
Support for LGBT individuals and community groups

Providing skills and information to tackle bullying and safeguarding issues.

tel: 0844 800 4361 / 0300 123 2008 (Scotland) / 0292 009 0087 (Wales)
Charity providing support, services and recognition for unpaid young carers aged 16-25.

Self Harm/Self Injury support

Self Injury Support

tel: 0808 800 8088 or text 07800 472908
Providing advice and support for women and girls.

Support for those who have been falsly accused

FASO - False Allegations Support Organisation

tel: 0844 335 10992 information, advice and emotional support for anyone affected by false allegations of abuse.

Accused - me support anyone who knows themselves to be innocent of the accusations they face, for as long as they maintain their innocence. Substantial links to other organisations

Non-specific support services


tel: 116 123
Providing a listening service for any worries or concerns.

tel: 101 (or 999 in an emergency)
101 provides a service for non-emergency issues and will connect you to your local Police force, wherever you call from in the UK (including Scotland)

Local Government / Local Authority
Local government is the collective term for local councils. You may also sometimes hear them referred to as local authorities. Every local authority has to provide services to the community. These include statutory services such as Children services, Adult services, housing, environment. Your local council will have a website with contact details for your local services.

The National Health Service can provide advice, guidance, support and signposting to local services for all health issues.

Citizens Advice
Providing free general advice and guidance around a range of concerns such as benefits, debt, relationships, housing, law, discrimination, tax, money, healthcare and education. Website will direct to local services and contact telephone numbers.

A social justice charity delivering services to equip people with skills, advice and support to move on.

Churches Ministerial Counselling Service (CMCS)
A support network for minister and family of minister.


Share this article