We are all embodied stories - layered ones. Our faith is about stories - not about theologies. Small, medium or large; rural, urban or suburban - all congregations of the United Reformed Church have stories of welcome, hospitality and radical discipleship to tell/share.
This initiative is an opportunity for us to share some of the stories of our life together and the intentional ways we strive to deepen our intercultural habits.
The Multicultural Congregation Story Award, which started in 2009, coincides with the biennial multicultural celebrations (2009, 2011, 2013, 2015 etc). Below is full list of all the stories submitted.
Below you will also find more stories (including webpage links) about our intercultural life
- (A Rainbow Story)
- Bournemouth International Church (Wessex Synod)
- Chadwick Mount United Reformed Church, Liverpool (Mersey Synod)
- Christ Church United Reformed Church, Leicester (East Midlands Synod)
- Moldgreen United Reformed Church, Huddersfiled (Yorkshire Synod)
- Redland Park United Reformed Church, Bristol (South West Synod)
- Rectory Road United Reformed Church, London (Thames North Synod)
- Winson Green URC/CofE LEP, Birmingham (West Midlands Synod)
- (Southern Synod) , New Malden
- (Thames North Synod) , Ilford
- (Thames North Synod) , Tottenham
- St Andrew’s United Reformed Church, Kilburn (Thames North Synod)
- (West Midlands Synod) , Birmingham
- (Thames North Synod) , Muswell Hill