This webpage gathers together in one place a number of papers which relate to the future of the Windermere Centre. The papers are given here in formats that can be easily downloaded. For ease of use weblinks are included to the relevant documents prepared for Mission Council in October 2016.
This page will be maintained until after Mission Council meets in May 2017.
The education and learning and finance committees of the United Reformed Church will be carrying out necessary background work in order to prepare papers which will be discussed and decided upon by Mission Council on 12-14 May. These papers have to be ready well in advance of the meeting so that Mission Council members have time to read the papers before the meeting, and discuss them within their synods or committees.
The questions, comments and ideas which have been received so far from a variety of places in the United Reformed Church are helpful prompts to the two committees in preparing the papers for Mission Council, so that there can be fully informed debate at the meeting in May.
Papers related to Mission Council, October 2016
- Paper D1 from the education and learning and finance committees, and paper D2 on cash flow from the URC Treasurer provide background information and both papers can be accessed here.
- Windermere Centre, see pages nine and ten, Mission Council Round-up
Submissions received for the education and learning committee meeting on 19 December
The authors have given permission for their comments and papers to be uploaded to the United Reformed Church website. Opinions expressed are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the official policy of the United Reformed Church.
- Individual responses: Mainly from individual users of the Centre
- Collective and particular responses: From groups, committees or individuals with a particular knowledge of the Centre
- A paper by Mark Argent
- A paper by Lawrence Moore
- The summary minutes of the E&L committee meeting on 19 December
- Statistics on Centre use: information provided during Mission Council discussions
- news of the outcome from the E&L meeting of 19 December as originally posted as news on the URC website
- Further responses: Received between 12 December 2016 and 31 January 2017
- Subsequent responses: Received between 1 February and 1 March 2017
- History of the Centre: Article from Cumbria magazine, January 2016
The submissions deadline has now passed. We would like to thank everyone who took the trouble to contribute their comments.